- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten with a pinch of kosher salt
- 4 scallions (white and green), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced or shredded carrots
- 8 oz slice mushrooms
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Pinch red chile flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup cooked chicken cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted in a strainer at room temperature
Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Swirl to coat the pan. Pour in the eggs, swirl the pan so the egg forms a large thin pancake. (Lift the edge of the egg to allow any uncooked egg to run to the center.) As soon as the egg has set, turn it out of the pan onto a cutting board. Cool, cut into 1 inch pieces.
Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and heat the remaining peanut oil over high heat. Add the scallions, mushrooms, and carrots and stir-fry for 1 1/2 minutes. Add the garlic, chile, and ginger, stir-fry for 1 minute more. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and rice and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chicken, peas, and reserved egg, cook, stirring until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
4 Servings at 8 points each.